FOLSOM SCHOOL DISTRICT
1357 Mays Landing Rd. Folsom, NJ 08037
Phone: (609) 561-8666
Fax: (609) 567-8751
Any applicant conditionally offered employment will be required to submit the following information:
- Criminal History Background Check.
- Proof of Identity and Employability.
LONG-TERM SUBSTITUTE SPANISH TEACHER - ELEMENTARY
- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and Elementary Education/Elementary School with Subject Matter Specialization Endorsement or eligibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Reports to: Superintendent
Objective: To provide an approved elementary Spanish education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
- Works to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using board adopted curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
- Monitors pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Maintain a continuous program of evaluation of the effectiveness of all phases of the total education program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Budgets class time effectively.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
- Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
- Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all pupils.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
- Participates in school level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: April 24, 2019 - End of the School Year
Interested applicants shall apply on www.njschooljobs.com
Substitute VacanciesCustodial SubstituteOn Call
Recess/Cafeteria Aide Substitute
11:30 am-2:00 pm
Substitute Teachers$90.00/day with Substitute Certificate$100.00/day with Current Teaching Certificate
Substitute School Nurse
Current RN License from state of New Jersey.
Current Substitute Certification.
Folsom School follows Employment/Contract practices N.J.A.C. 6A:7-1.8; Title VII, Civil Acts Rights Act of 1964; Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972; N.J.S.A. 10:5, Equal Pay Act 1973.
The Folsom Affirmative Action Officer:
Phone: 609-561-8666 x 120