FOLSOM SCHOOL DISTRICT
1357 Mays Landing Rd. Folsom, NJ 08037
Phone: (609) 561-8666
Fax: (609) 567-8751
Any applicant conditionally offered employment will be required to submit the following information:
- Criminal History Background Check.
- Proof of Identity and Employability.
Elementary Basic Skills Instruction Teacher
Folsom School District is seeking a long-term basic skills instruction teacher from November 2019 to approximately the end of the school year.
The mission at Folsom School is to create a learning environment that honors family values and serves the unique academic, physical, social, and emotional needs of all students in a safe and caring environment. We strive to foster our students’ creativity and self-determination to develop a lifelong love of learning. We encourage students to approach learning as problem-solvers, designers, and creators by providing access to the technologies, tools, and resources needed to achieve their goals.
Folsom staff members are committed to working with parents and community partners to enable students to understand the world around them and the talents within them so they can become fulfilled individuals and active, compassionate citizens.
We are looking for a candidate that is able to:
- Demonstrate mathematical and English Language Arts knowledge and understanding across the elementary grade levels
- Foster a learning environment that supports student’s social and emotional needs and their development as independent learners
- Differentiate teaching and learning based on students’ cognitive needs and learning styles
- Works directly with students in the area of literacy and math using a push-in model
- Uses a variety of data to evaluate students and works independently and with classroom teachers to adjust their instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Collects and maintains appropriate records of student progress and provides timely and accurate oral and written feedback to teachers, school staff, students, and parents
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other professionals in planning programs to meet the needs of diverse populations of learners
- Works collaboratively with the I&RS Committee to develop and implement strategies for students performing below grade level
- New Jersey Teaching Certificate (K-6)
- Ability to analyze and use data to design, modify, and evaluate literacy/math curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
Interested candidates are to send a letter of interest, resume, and copy of certificate(s) to:
Dr. Matthew Mazzoni, Superintendent
Substitute VacanciesCustodial SubstituteOn Call
Recess/Cafeteria Aide Substitute
11:30 am-2:00 pm
Substitute Teachers$90.00/day with Substitute Certificate$100.00/day with Current Teaching Certificate
Substitute School Nurse
Current RN License from state of New Jersey.
Current Substitute Certification.
Folsom School follows Employment/Contract practices N.J.A.C. 6A:7-1.8; Title VII, Civil Acts Rights Act of 1964; Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972; N.J.S.A. 10:5, Equal Pay Act 1973.
The Folsom Affirmative Action Officer:
Phone: 609-561-8666 x 120