One on One/Group Aide - Part-Time (29.5 hours)
Folsom School District is seeking an One on One/Group Aide - Part-Time (29.5 hours). The rate of pay will be $18.00 per hour.
The mission at Folsom School is to create a learning environment that honors family values and serves the unique academic, physical, social, and emotional needs of all students in a safe and caring environment. We strive to foster our students’ creativity and self-determination to develop a lifelong love of learning. We encourage students to approach learning as problem-solvers, designers, and creators by providing access to the technologies, tools, and resources needed to achieve their goals. Folsom staff members are committed to working with parents and community partners to enable students to understand the world around them and the talents within them so they can become fulfilled individuals and active, compassionate citizens.
- Elementary Teacher Certification, County Substitute Certification, or minimum 60 college credits.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. Citizenship or legal resident alien status
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
OBJECTIVE: To provide support for students under the direction of a teacher.
- Provide direct instruction of students under direct supervision of teacher.
- Conduct instructional activities assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching their academic goals and grade-level standards.
- Implement, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of assisting the teacher in improving students’ academic success through a defined course of study.
- Assist in classroom management.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials
- Assist with the administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist teacher with administrative records and preparation of required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Function as an appropriate role model for children, providing proper examples, emotional support, and a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality.
- Adhere to the appropriate code of ethics and student confidentiality.
- Respond to emergency situations (e.g. student injuries, fights, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom, and/or during special area classes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume, copy of certificates and letters of recommendation by October 13, 2023 to:
Mr. Kevin Fricke, Superintendent
1357 Mays Landing Road
Folsom, NJ 08037